Tuna Avocado Salad4:13 PM
Being a body conscious yet a certified foodie, it's sometimes hard to delve into my suppose to be dietary plan. It's always an effort for me to say no to belly fattening foods. I have to cut on my rice intake but salivate at the sight of cupcakes and salted caramel cakes and reassure myself that it's just a snack. The truth is, It's hard when you get hungry all the time and then I decided to get a substitute to my sweet cravings with something that is very beneficial to my body and hungry stomach..
So for today's recipe, is really quick and easy to make not to mention that it is loaded with health benefits and nutrients perfect for a daily snack. Tuna Avocado salad is never actually new because you can find the recipe all over the net. The main reason why I choose this is because I love tuna and avocado contains different vitamins, phytonutrients and minerals and avocados are rich in fiber!
1. 1 can Tuna - I choose Century Tuna Light, which is 50% less fat and salt it's a good choice because it's also rich in omega3s. I'm not sure though it is available in other countries, but you can always purchase it via www.redmart.com
2. 2 medium size avocado - my grandmother told me to always pick the pear shape avocado instead of the circle one because it has more contents.
3. 2 small size tomatoes
4. half table spoon of black pepper
5. Chopped cilantro - if not available you can use parsley
6. Chili powder - depending on your taste
7. salt to taste
1. Scoop up avocado contents set aside shell
2. chopped cilantro and tomatoes and mix them in a bowl with avocado and tuna
3. add pepper, salt and chili powder
4. Enjoy =) ( best served cold)
Easy Peasy right?
What's you favorite snack?