A Taste of Bangkok - Street Foods
It was a 3 hour flight from the Philippines to Bangkok. It was rather exhausting but I am glad when the plane finally landed at Suvarnabhumi Airport. In my head I am singing Hello Thailand over and ever again hahhaha. The following day I woke up early and jump off the bed, I'm ready for my first day adventure in Bangkok!
Bangkok is the Capital city of Thailand ,derived in 2 Thai words, Bang which means a village situated on a stream because of its tactical location near the river and Ko which means Island but is it also known as Krung Thep Maha Nakhon in Thai which means City of Angels.
The First thing I notice are the street food vendors. You can see them everywhere. I was gushing how affordable the foods are , seriously, it's so cheap. My mom was right, I could go food hoarding in Thailand even if you are financially constraint. you will never go hungry.
Word of advice #1: you can always find amazing street foods outside the hospitals, Schools and Shopping Centers
Word of advice #2: The Thais love spicy food. So expect it to be well... spicy. But you can still choose from Spicy, Semi Spicy or Extremely Spicy. hahaha
A Must Try Street Foods
1. Thai Barbecue - Price Ranges from 15-30 Baht
2. Sticky Mango Rice - My Favorite! a combination of Mango, Coconut Milk and Sticky Rice. Price Ranges from 30-50 Baht
1. Pad Thai - A stir fried rice noodles Price Ranges from 20-30 Baht
2. Fried Tofo- Price 20 Baht
1. Green Tea Frappe -Being a green tea lover this is heaven!! Price 20 Baht. But you should also try their traditional Thai Milk Tea
2. Lava Cream Pao- made with custard cream and salted egg
and last but not the least if you are brave enough.. Then brace yourself and have a taste of Thailand's exotic.. I mean really exotic food.
You can take your pick from fried tarantulas to Crickets, Black scorpions, water bugs, maggots etc. Price about 50 Baht per cup.
And nah! I pass on this one hahahaha