Bake Happy: Chocolate Crinkles
No one can resist chocolates, they’re tempting, they’re luscious plus they are the perfect treat during nerve- racking days. Last Wednesday I had the urge to bake something sweet since I had a dire need to assuage my nerves and chocolate crinkles is my first option. I haven’t tried baking a chocolate crinkles before, I always have that perception that it’s difficult to make. That day, though I know I gotta try and I found out that it wasn’t that difficult to make and the best part is, it does taste like a real chocolate crinkles hahaha
Here in the Philippines, chocolate crinkles are one of the favorite snacks, especially among people with a sweet tooth and believe me that this soft. Fudgy like cookies is an indulgence you won't regret. And below is the recipe and hopefully I could also come up with new variations.
4 large eggs
2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup Chocolate powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon vanilla
a pinch of salt
1 cup powder sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease cookie sheet with baking spray
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together Sugar, Chocolate Powder and salt. Make a well in the center and beat eggs, one at a time, followed by vegetable oil, vanilla and stir
3. Pour in All purpose flour, and baking powder then mix. (You can cover your batter and chill for at least 3 hours to further enhance the flavor, but since I'm very impatient I decided to bake mine immediately. The batter is still sticky so I suggest you rub your hands with vegetable oil.
4. Scoop dough using a half teaspoon measuring scoop, roll into a ball and coat it with powdered sugar.
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes and to ensure moist and soft chocolate crinkles DO NOT over bake it.
We'd love to hear your thoughts,... don't forget to drop us your candid thoughts and blog links in the comment box below.