Spicy Sloppy Joe12:35 PM
I must admit I love food! I love to eat, I love to cook, I love to experiment with different flavors, cooking academy and chocolatier are my favorite mobile games hahaha. I must say I am one desperate aspiring cook. But seriously, way back when I was in grade school, It is my dream to become a chef - a pastry chef to be exact because dessert is my piece of heaven.
That fervor was set aside for a while but was recently kindled again when I was looking for a diversion from all the anxieties and what is better distraction than food? So, I decided that every weekend I should try to cook something and for the second week I choose this recipe.
I first came to learn the existence of the Sloppy Joe way back in 1995 while watching the movie "It Takes Two" wherein it was the Olsen Twin's favorite food. I guess maybe it was just the way that Mary Kate devours the sandwich that I got so interested in it. It was only in college that I had my first taste of it.
And last Sunday I decided to make this for Mother's Day. I made mine a little spicy because we love peppery foods.
1 pound ground beef
1/4 chopped onions
1/4 chopped bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
3/4 cup ketchup
3 teaspoon brown sugar
MAGGI Magic Sarap, Salt, Chili Powder and Black Pepper to taste
1 bowl of Shredded raw cabbage
Potato Fries for side dish (Optional)
1. In a skillet in a medium heat cook ground beef, chopped onions, and bell peppers.
2. Stir in garlic powder, Ketchup, Magic Sarap, mustard, brown sugar and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper
4. While waiting cook french fries and toast the buns
5. Once cook arrange shredded lettuce on the bun first, add the cooked sloppy joe, add a little mustard at the top.. and your done!
We'd love to hear from you. Show some love your comments and blog links below.