7 Lessons I Wish I Could Tell My 21 Yrs. Old Self
While it is true that one can never turn back time I can't help but desire that I wish could. I will then sit down with my young self and tell her of the of the many pieces I have learned over the past years and maybe I could make her re-lived and carry out those significant lessons my mature self have learned.
I must admit that at 21 I was full of dreams, I even have my own list of tasks to fulfill before I hit 25 but those lists end up to be just lists. At 25 I was still a dreamer, but still have no effort in making those dreams a reality and what's worse, I've lost course and I end up becoming a scanty soul who only lived for the moment. So, here I am imparting some lessons I have learned along the way and pretending to be having a cup of tea with my 21 years old self.
1. Time Will Not Wait For You - I remember my mother once told me to start securing my future for time never waits. We don't stay young forever. If you have something you genuinely want and dream to do, then do it. My only mistake before is that I kept telling my self every year that I will figure out a way soon and that If things are meant for me, it's really for me! Wrong! words without hard work will remain as it is - empty words.
2. Don't Allow Criticism To Blur Your Vision - We can't please everybody, one way or another we will end up getting disapproval from people. I know how it feels to be so excited over something and put your heart into it and then only to get criticism. But you know what, it is more important to hold unto your visions, it will keeps you motivated, inspired and determine. Nothing can beat criticism than success.
3. People in our life will either keep us sane or insane - Be with people who motivates you and not discourage you. Uplifts you and not weighs you down. Life is tough and so our people. Compassion is a word you can't expect to get from everybody.
4. Let go of unhealthy relationship - Asses when it's time to let go. If it's weighing you down, if it's making you unhappy let go. Continually giving chances will never cope with wasted time and giving chances will not give you an assurance that he will change. Always remember that the only person capable of changing their attitude is their self.
5. God works in Mysterious Ways- He knows better than we do, we just have to put our trust in his grace. So many times, if we caught tangled up, we throw unending questions at him. Then again He knows better than we do. And whatever lemons he gave us it's because there is a reason. Just breath and let God work his plans for you.
6. Stick to what you know is right - do not allow your self to be pressure over something that doesn't feel right. Be honest with yourself and stick to what you know is right. Don't get swayed just because everybody is doing it.
7. Education doesn't guarantee your success - harsh but true your degree and your achievements in school will never guarantee you a rich and bright future. Although having a degree can improve your chance of getting employed, still it is not always the case, a lot of graduates end up being jobless or working on jobs they hated. In today's competitive world, survival of the fittest is more relevant. Thus, you can't rely on education alone but on your life skills that you can only learn from experiences.
Top: Local Philippine Store
Skirt: Local Thailand Store
Shades: Sunnies Studios
What lessons do you wish to tell your young self? Share it on the comment box below =)